4 TWINS · 1 DOUBLE · 1 SINGLE · 3 BATHS · 1 WC
- Sitting Room
- Dining Room
- Bedroom 1 with twin beds & basin
- Bedroom 2 with twin beds
- Bathroom 1 incl. WC (Bath & Shower)
- Separate WC
- Bedroom 3 with single bed
- Bedroom 4 with twin beds & basin
- Bedroom 5 with double bed & basin
- Bedroom 6 with twin beds & basin
- Bathroom 2 with WC (Bath & Shower fitting)
- Bathroom 3 with WC (Bath & Shower fitting)
About the House
As a family of keen fisherpeople, we have visited the house for almost 40 years and have been lucky enough to fish many of the beats nearby including Arndilly, Easter and Wester Elchies, Aikenway, Rothes and Delfur. All are within 15 minutes drive of the house.
The house is also conveniently located for visiting the Speyside distilleries on the Malt Whisky Trail, and for canoeing, golfing and hiking holidays.
The house sleeps up to ten guests in six bedrooms: one double, one single and four twin bedrooms. If you are a fishing party and out all day and have someone to do the catering, the single room upstairs can work well for this.
The house is centrally heated, and has an open fire place in the sitting room. A good-sized kitchen and a separate dining room allow guests to spread out. There is free access to Wi-Fi throughout the house, terrestrial TV and clean dogs are welcome downstairs.
We are fortunate in having excellent housekeeping help. This may be available during your stay by prior arrangement with Duncan Snape, who manages the house.
The house has off road parking for five cars and is set within its own hedged lawns. The gate to the drive isn't dog-proof, but the road is quiet. There is a garage in which rods and waders can be stored, and a chest freezer which guests may use to store fish or food deliveries during their stay.
The house was substantially renovated and redecorated in 2017, including the installation of double-glazing and new beds and bedding, throughout. The house also underwent a successful audit by the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service in late 2017, and is fully compliant with the current standards.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Highlands.
Fishing, Highlands, & the Whisky Trail
Craigellachie's excellent village website will take you to castles, to follow the whisky trail, and to sport in the Highlands beyond.
- Craigellachie Filling Station & Convenience Store - +44 1340 871082
- Craigellachie Post Office - +44 1340 871115
- J & J Munro (fishing shop) - 77 High Street, Aberlour - +44 1340 871428
- Johnsons of Elgin (knitwear and factory tour) - +44 1343 554088
- Speyside Larder (delicatessen & wine) - +44 1340 871243
- Walkers Shortbread Factory Shop - Fisherton Industrial Estate, Aberlour-on-Spey, AB38 9PD
- Sainsburys, Tesco and Asda all deliver to the house from their Elgin superstores
EATING AND DRINKING
- Fiddichside Inn, Craigellachie - +44 1340 881239
- Craigellachie Hotel - +44 1340 881204
- The Delnashaugh Hotel - +44 1807 500379
- The Malt Barn, Glenfiddich Distillery - +44 1340 820373
- Taxi: Tawse Taxis - +44 7725 995277 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chemist: Aberlour Pharmacy - +44 1340 871279
- Vet: Aberlour Vets - +44 1340 871385
- GP: Rinnes Medical Group, Dufftown +44 1340 820888
- Hospital: Stephen Cottage Hospital, Dufftown+44 1340 820215
Please complete this form and one of us will get back to you shortly.
Lucinda & Arabella
* please fill in at least these fields